The Vendee railroad
15 minutes away from the Landes Genusson, experience a trip in an wonderful antique steam train through the Vendeen countryside: 22km of beautifully picturesquely scenery, which links Mortagne-sur-Sèvre and Les Herbiers and runs along glorious viaducts…
You can also have lunch on board an authentic 1926 Orient Express rail car.
Chemin de fer de la Vendée
Tel : +33 2 5163 0201
Le logis de La Chabotterie
The ” Logis de la Chabotterie” is a quiet place where the history is still alive. This site is the most important site of memory in the department and it offers you a panoramic view of the history and heritage of Vendée.
Contact details :
St Sulpice le Verdon – 85260 Montréverd
Tél. : 02.51.42.81.00
Fax : 02.51.42.46.22
Other remarkable venues
The visit does not stop here !
Within a 50 km radius, unique and remarkable venues await your visit.
- The XIV century castle of Saint Mesmin and its 28 meter keep.
- The residence of the Chabotterie, at Saint Sulpice le Verdon, where the general Charretteen was arrested in 1796.
- The castle of Sigournais
- The castle of Essarts and its XII century tour
- The refuge of Grasla and the village of the loges aux Brouzils
- The river house at Saint Georges de Montaigu, its discovery centre and boat excursions.
- The science mansion of Réaumur, great scientist of the XVII century
- The skylark hill at the Herbiers and its last active windmill
- The windmills of the Terrier Marteau at Pouzauges
The list is still long…
All necessary information is on the following websites:
Don’t forget that the Bonne Ecole is only 45 minutes away from the Sables d’Olonne, 1h45 from la Rochelle and the island of Noirmoutier for a quick swim…or a plate of oysters.
By car or by bicycle entirely on cycling paths…
- Festival of the Poupet at St Malo du bois
- Festival of baroque music : Music at the Chabotterie at Saint Sulpice le Verdon
- The Hellfest at Clisson : the largest Metal festival at Clisson